Effective Date: September 6, 2018
I. What Types Of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
1. Personally Identifiable Information:
“Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are, and can be used to identify, contact or locate you. We only collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, we may be unable to provide you with requested products, services or information.
Personally Identifiable Information You Provide to Us
If you choose to register for the App or log-in through your social media account, we will automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information from your account, including but not limited to your username and encrypted access credentials. For more information about the information we may collect from your social media account, please see Section IV below.
How do we use Personally Identifiable Information?
We may use your collected Personally Identifiable Information for various purposes, including, but not limited to, processing and tracking your order; providing the services you request; contacting you about the status of an order; sending you catalogs or promotional offers we believe may be of interest to you, notification about cook session status, recipe recommendations, product specific messages; identifying your product and service preferences; customizing our communications to you; customer service related requests; employment inquiries and applications; providing information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased; and improving our merchandise selection and customer service. We share the information we collect from you with our affiliates.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information outside of HSC and its affiliates without your consent. We may, however, share the Personally Identifiable Information we collect from you in limited circumstances, including:
- We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to our suppliers and contractors (e.g., shipping contractors and website developers), who will process it to provide services to us or you, for example developing or creating our Website, customer service, providing brand assistance, providing contests and promotions, and fulfilling orders. In some instances, these contractors may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information, but they are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of that information and to use it only for purposes of carrying out the business of HSC.
- We may share certain Personally Identifiable Information, including names and email addresses, with our select third party partners in order to enable them to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. California residents have a right to request a list of the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we disclose to third parties during the preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those companies. If you would like to submit a request for such information, please see Section VII below.
How Can I Review and Correct My Personally Identifiable Information?
In order to keep your Personally Identifiable Information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created an account with HSC, you can log-in and update your account information, including your name and email address.
- You may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and providing us with your contact information, and the Personally Identifiable Information you would like to access or update. We will provide you with the Personally Identifiable Information requested, if reasonably available, and will try to make the corrections that you request, if possible.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that, by itself or in combination with other information, does not identify a specific individual. We may automatically collect certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you whenever you visit or interact with our Website and App. For example, we may collect your browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit the Website. This information is used to analyze and improve our Website, provide our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience, and personalize the Website, our communications with you and your shopping experience.
We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for lawful purposes.
What Non-Personally Identifiable Information Do We Collect?
The Non-Personally Identifiable Information that we collect may includes, but are not limited to, the URL of the website you came from or are going to during your visit; browsing or shopping path on our Website; non-personally identifiable purchase information; and certain other Non-Personally Identifiable Information relayed by your Internet browser during your visit, such as region, type of browser you used, and the device you used to browse our Website or App. From your use of the App, the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that we may collect information includes, but not are limited to, your time and length of use; number of serving selections; recipes used and favorited; and other cooking information.
How Do We Use Non-Personally Identifiable Information?
We may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to make our Website and App more interesting and useful to you; for analyzing and improving the value of the material available on our Website and App; to increase the effectiveness of the products we will offer to you in the future; and to help our partners and service providers, or our Website and App design teams to create, serve, and track promotions that our customers might like.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” and similar technologies to help us gather and store technical and usage information about visitors to our Website and App. A cookie is a small data file that our server sends to your browser when you visit the website. The information we collect from cookies help us assist you in using our Website and App. Most Internet browsers allow you to disable cookies, turn the cookie feature off, or reject cookies entirely by changing the settings. Changing these settings, however, may affect your ability to use certain features and functions of the Website and App.
We may utilize cookies and the information collected from cookies, to:
- Store and retrieve non-personally identifiable information
- Serve promotions to you
- Recognize browsers and associated browsing activities
- Securely store account passwords
- Store personalized home pages
- Store which parts of a website have been visited or keep track of selections, such as those selected in a shopping cart
- Measure the effectiveness of our ads, and to determine what advertising content to display to you, based on your interactions on our site, as well as on third-party sites where you may visit
II. How Do We Protect Your Information?
It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect the security of the information you submit to us. We limit the information we provide to outside companies with whom we contract to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities. When you make a purchase, request product information, or create an account, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format. We maintain the data you provide, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database. We also encourage our partners and service providers to adopt and follow stringent consumer privacy policies.
However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database, or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
III. Do Not Track Policy and Opt-Outs
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that allows you request websites to not track your online activities. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, but we do provide you with the option of opting out of behavioral advertising. To learn more about online behavioral advertising or how to opt-out of such advertising, click here.
We also provide you with the option of unsubscribing from promotional emails from HSC. Any promotional email and newsletter that we send to you will contain an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email. Simply follow the indications in the email to unsubscribe from further promotional emails from HSC.
IV. Third Party Social Media Applications
HSC also allows you to signup and login using your social media account (e.g., Facebook). If you connect to the App using your social media credentials, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username, password and encrypted access credentials. If you sign up using a social media account, the social media platform will ask your permission to share certain information from your account with HSC, such as your friends list. You can control the information that we receive from your social media account by accessing its relevant privacy settings.
If you sign up with HSC using a social media account, your HSC account will be connected automatically to your social media account, and information regarding your activity on HSC (e.g., recipes you favorite) may be shared with your social media friends list and published in your timeline. If you do not wish to share your HSC activity with your social media community, you can control this from the App’s “Settings” feature.
V. Links to Third Party Websites
Our Website and App may offer links to other websites, including links embedded in advertisements and links to various news sources that are not under the control of HSC. Such links to other websites may have information policies and practices different from ours. We do not own or control such companies and websites and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of websites that we do not own or control. We encourage you to read about the privacy practices of those third parties.
VI. Privacy of Children
VII. Europe Data Protection Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), European residents have important rights to their Personally Identifiable Information. To process your Personal Identifiable information, we require a legal basis to do so. We generally rely on your consent for this legal basis. Furthermore, you are free to revoke your consent at any time by sending us a data subject right request. Please be aware that we may have an alternative legal basis to your consent. If we have an alternative legal basis, this may affect the applicability of your data rights. For example, if we are legally obligated to retain and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, we will deny your data subject right request in order to fulfill that legal obligation.
Please be aware of the following GDPR data subject rights to your personal information:
- Right to information and have access
- Right to rectify
- Right to object
- Right to erasure/be forgotten
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right not to be subject to automatic decision-making, including profiling
To make any request involving your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will process your request within 30 days. Occasionally, it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made numerous requests. In these cases, we will notify you of the delay.
VIII. Sweepstakes, Contests and Surveys
X. How to Contact Us