Step by Step for Pan Seared Scallops
Skip the overcooked, rubbery scallops and make the most of your mollusks. Learn how easy it is to cook perfectly buttery scallops with a delicate, tender texture using precise temperature control on the stovetop.
Follow along for the full step-by-step recipe below for restaurant quality Scallops at home.
Up to 8 U-8 or U-10 Scallops
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
Kosher Salt and Pepper as needed
- Using the Cue app, set your Cue smart induction burner to 435° F (223° C) or If using a standard cooktop, set your stove to medium-high.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to your pan.
- While your pan is heating up, refer to the Hestan Cue Guide to Scallops and Shrimp to determine the appropriate time per side.
- Using a paper towel dry your Scallops thoroughly, then season as needed with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Once your pan is preheated, sear your Scallops on the first side for 2 mins 45 seconds.
- Once seared flip your Scallops and lower the temperature to 350°F (176° C). Finish cooking your Scallops for 40 seconds. At this time you can add aromatics and baste your Scallops.
- When your Scallops are finished, remove from the pan and enjoy.