Senior UX Designer
Napa, CA, Seattle, WA
Change is coming to the kitchen, and the Hestan Cue is leading the charge. We’ve developed a smart cooking system that lets ordinary home cooks create restaurant quality dishes. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=KXORQ6tcRY4
Changing hundreds of years of entrenched habits in the kitchen isn’t easy, which is why we need a stellar UX designer to help us guide users to better cooking. We’re looking for a talented individual to complement our small but tenacious engineering & culinary teams. We have a very unique setup and an amazing opportunity to change the way ordinary people cook.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with chefs from the French Laundry and other top restaurants to design effective cooking experiences for home chefs (and yes, taste-testing is part of the job)
- Creating a new cooking paradigm which will lead users through an entire recipe from prep to plating
- Working on tough UX problems that come with pairing mobile apps to hardware devices
- Creating design deliverables: information architecture, interaction maps, prototypes, annotated wireframes, visual design styling, design specs etc.
- Creating delightful and engaging user experiences that make people want to cook more on our system
What we’re looking for:
- Killer portfolio, including (shipped!) mobile work
- A love of food & cooking – you don’t need to be a top chef, but part of the job is getting ordinary chefs to cook incredible meals, so familiarity of the culinary world is a plus
- Ability to work with complex user interactions with limited space – Cooking is a web of complex actions – we need to represent all of that within a cell phone screen.
- Expert level understanding of interaction design and information architecture
- Understanding of technical challenges and how to communicate with engineers
- Ability to take projects and run with them – we’re still a small team so we need every member to have initiative.
If that sounds interesting, send your LinkedIn profile or resume to email@example.com.